Episode 16. California Wildfire: Is this the new Normal?
In this episode of Earth Feels Christine and Rose discuss the devastating wildfires raging throughout the state of California. Topics discussed are the effects of wildfire, Rose’s 2018 Berkeley experience, the 2019 wildfires in northern Ontario, current PG&E blackouts and environmentalist weigh ins.
Recurring segments include:
- Good news Stories
- One action tip to for you to create change
- A weekly sanity tip to keep you calm(er) in the face of climate overwhelm
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Articles on the effects of wildfire:
Articles about PG&E power outages:
Definition: Red Flag wildfire district: Area under extreme fire danger
Articles on Red Flag warnings:
Articles: Long term effects of California Wildfires
Video: Wildfires approach Toll Booth
Articles: Insurance for California Wildfires
Photo: Curtis and Katie Ferland wedding (via Twitter)
Unfreeze Yourself Action Step:
- Put together an emergency kit
- Keep your gas tank at half tank or more. If you have an electric car (yay!) make sure your battery is charged to 80% or more as much as possible.
- In order to focus on something other than the fear, pray for and/or visualize rain for California.
- Try this Loving Kindness Buddhist meditation to first bring peace to yourself, then send out to others.