Episode 1: Why “Eaarth Feels”?
In this premer Episode of Eaarth Feels, Rose and Christine discuss the transition of Earth to E-a-arth, consider if Eaarth is a sentient being (Gaia Theory), talk climate refugees, Canada’s Carbon tax and offer a bit of good news on the climate front.
Recurring segments include one action tip to for you to create change as well as weekly sanity tip to keep you calm in the face of climate overwhelm.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
People of Note: Bill McKibben
Photo: Earth Rising
Earth as Sentient ( Gaia Theory):
- The Gaia Theory (PlanetaryPhilosophy.com)
- Is the Earth a Sentient Being? (Psychology Today)
- The Earth is a Sentient Living Organism (Kosmos Journal)
Global Heating and the Syrian War:
- National Geographic: Climate Change Helped Spark Syrian Civil War, Study Says
- PBS.org: A Major Contributor to the Syrian Conflict? Climate Change
- New York Times: Researchers Link Syrian Conflict to a Drought Made Worse by Climate Change
Book: Climate- A New Story
~Good News: Pope Francis Declares Climate Emergency
~Unfreeze Yourself Action Step: Talk about Climate Change and putting a price on carbon pollution whenever/wherever you can!
~Today’s Sanity Tip: Take breaks from the news as often as needed